The HNSciCloud Tender
The HNSciCloud Tender is closed and the tender has been awarded to 4 consortia. Click here for more details.
What will be procured:
Under this PCP, R&D services are procured by public research organisations to develop solutions for the set-up of the HNSciCloud Hybrid Cloud Platform, taking into account the performance, security and management aspects of a hybrid cloud infrastructure, including technical standards, interoperability, portability, as well as building trust and confidence in cloud computing services. The innovative Infrastructure as a Service–level services will need to be integrated with a range of resources operated by public research organisations and publicly funded e-infrastructures to form a hybrid cloud solution.
The overall challenge of building the Hybrid Cloud Platform is based on three sub-challenges:
- Sub-Challenge 1: Compute & Storage
- Sub-Challenge 2: Network Connectivity and Federated Identity Management
- Sub-Challenge 3: Service Payment Models
How it will be procured:
Tenderers will be selected through an open and competitive procurement process. Framework Agreements for the delivery of the R&D services will be awarded to the selected Tenderers (the Contractors). This PCP will be deployed in three phases:
- Phase 1 - Solution design of the Hybrid Cloud Platform: establishment of a written detailed design report including architecture and technical design of components.
- Phase 2 - Prototype implementation of the Hybrid Cloud Platform: build prototypes, including all components, and make them accessible to the Buyers Group. During the prototyping Phase, basic functionality, interoperability and security tests will be performed by IT specialists from the Buyers Group.
- Phase 3 – Pilot deployment of the Hybrid Cloud Platform: deployment of expanded pilots. Further testing, including on scalability and robustness, will be performed and a range of demanding applications will be deployed. Service payment models will be explored.
Each phase of the PCP will be competitive.